Fellow Blogger To Kill a Hammingbird has nominated me for a “Most Versatile Blogger” award. Thanks so much, Hammingbird!
The conditions for accepting this award are as follows:
1.Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.
5. Notify these bloggers of the nominations by linking back to one of their specific blog posts so they get notified back.
So– seven things about me. In pictures.
I get a little obsessive about post apocalyptic matters. The Road is one of my favorite books.
New Orleans might be my favorite city.
I require coffee with milk every morning. And I mean every morning. Hitchhiking across the southern US? Backpacking in Iceland? Slept in my car? Paying with pennies? Check. I will have my coffee.
I have a Master’s Degree in a natural science, and once ran off with a lab rat and kept her as a pet. She was adorable.
The top keyword on this blog is “Midgetville.” After that it’s “Hyena as Pet” and “Pennsylvania Turnpike.” Sometimes I write fiction and put it up here, and they get keyword hits for a day or two and then even I forget about them.
Iceland has been my biggest trip so far, but I’m leaving for Peru in a few weeks. It will be winter when I go, and summer here. I hate the heat.
AND NOW– for my nominations, in no particular order. Mostly alphabetical.
1. Carrot Quinn aka., I am not Afraid of Winter, who Rode freight trains and is now hiking the Pacific Crest trail.
2. Time to eat the dogs, a modern day adventurer, if ever there was one.
3. Historians are Past Caring who brings together science, history, yew trees and death, somehow.
4. Funny Names Blog irreverent, but not disrespectful.
5. Things I see Up Here reporting live from the roof of a dildo factory
6. Culture and Anarchy, who introduced me to Man Ray
7. Science of Dogs, writer and scientist who justifies my hatred of Psychology Today
8. Magic Molly, airy New York writer who I lamely ripped off for the first year of this blog.
9. Artist at Exit 0, making found art out of whatever the benevolent Ohio River provides him
10. My So Called Queer Life, who churns out insightful analysis of modern life on a regular basis and has one of the most interesting Facebook feeds around.
11. Model Burn Book, burning Japan to the ground and looking like a million bucks.
12. Riding with Strangers, whose blog is actually a lot like catching rides from strangers. Eccentric, technically minded strangers with Scandinavian credentials.
13. Jokularson who photographed a glacial bay every day for a year before moving on to more southerly climes.
14. Kateopolis doing the dirty work of curating Tumblr’s chaos.
15. The Last Psychiatrist, a mysterious character who rants on mental health and just about everything else.
PHEW! This is a very list-y award, but while I was putting this together, I was reminded of all the strange, talented and smart people that are putting themselves out there on a regular basis trying to share something with the rest of us. Three cheers for them!